Above: Sunset view from top of 30 ft. termite mound
on Myrt 1 School campus in Congo.
Able & Willing International Educational Foundation
(AWIEF) is a grassroots nonprofit organization dedicated to establishing schools
and improving health and nutrition in
areas of extreme poverty and need.
The entirely volunteer staff
coordinates physical construction of buildings and manages program
development to ensure that schools and programs can ultimately govern and sustain
Newsetter Fall/winter 2015
In full color.
Myrt School Projects
covering July, 2014 through Feb., 2015
Ecycle & Doc Shredding
Held May 9, 2015 9 a.m.
Art For Africa
Click on button
under "How to Help"
of Able & Willing donate
some or all of their proceeds.
- Since its establishment in 1994, AWIEF has concentrated its efforts in rural villages of the Democratic Republic of Congo, Africa.
- We have built one of the best schools in the Katanga
region of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- The school provides preschool through technical
education in a village that had no electricity, toilets, or
sanitary water supply previous to our arrival.
- With tuition at $7.00 per month, a basic education is
within reach for a typical local family.
- We provide free tuition for orphans and a Work-for-Education program for parents who cannot afford their
- Fully equipped school workshops to train students and
make furniture for schools and goods for local markets.
- Brought hydroelectricity substation to school and village
- Computer lab teaches IT skills.
- We have shipped over 300 computers to schools in Congo,
Cameroon, Nicaragua, Liberia, and Kenya.
- We are continuing to build schools in other villages in
Congo that are self supporting and self governing.